Re: Easter Egg (Was Re: Kernel Stack Overflows)

tpeters (tpeters@pris.bc.ca)
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 08:05:00 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Brian Dowling wrote:

> > One page of stack should be plenty: you can try to press shift- (or was
> > it ctrl-?) ScrollLock when in text-mode, and you'll see some kernel
> > debugging info, including how much free stack we have. At least when I
> > do this, I've never seen the free count go below 2600 bytes (out of
> > 4096), so we aren't even halfway.
>
> > Linus
>

> Oh, way cool. I was wow-ed when I found Shift-PgUp, Shift-PgDn! :)
> I guess the gifts never cease to amaze.
>
> Think maybe things like this deserve a little linux/Documention file?? :)

Okay, so I asked about this before :) What's Shift-PgUp/Dn. doesn't do
anything on my system :(

(Actually - I know it's keyed to the scrollback. Why no <simple> dox?)

So says the lazy programmer who doesn't feel like digging through mounds
of man files...

Later, eh?
- Teunis