Re: Proposal: Linux "hit-list"

Ahlback Joran (jo@dacalab.pp.fi)
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:18:58 +0200 (GMT+0200)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Jauder Ho wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Craig Schlenter wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> >
> > [stuff deleted]

What about a recent-problems-FAQ containing a rolling list of problems
of general nature seen during the last few months? I. e. a FAQ with
questions related not by topic but simply chronologically.
A what's been up kinda thing, good not only for beginners but also for
sporadic checkup and for anyone who's been away for some time.

Very short form, just a brief description of symptoms and a pointer to
insight, one or more archive references. One reason people do not read
the information they could is that there is so much of it. A
Problem Index might pack it densely enough?

At its very best, it would also relate utility & driver etc. versions to
the "linux time-grid" defined by kernel versions.

Problem is, that would require either co-operation or someone having a
sufficiently wide horizon, which I, not alone, am lacking.

linjoy, joa

---
rgds Ahlback, Joran  <jo@dacalab.pp.fi>  | Could a Hacker
POB 16, 02431 Masaby FINLAND             | Survive on
tel [+358 0] 2970683, fax 2970691        | Silicon Carne?