Re: DOH - Stupid question about make & newest libc

Rich Tollerton (rtollert@mail.coin.missouri.edu)
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:33:39 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Mike Shaver wrote:

> You need a new make binary.
> http://neon.slacker.org/~shaver/make should do it.
>
> (If you have trouble reaching the machine, the IP is 205.207.219.29.
> DNS probs lately...)

OK, I was able to get the dirent-fixed make (actually, a little after I
sent the message I figured it out - stupid me). The main problem with it
was that I wasn't even able to download most files correctly (actually,
about 75% of the stuff I downloaded via ZMODEM was `corrupted') from my
provider (Lynx interface). However, I was able to get to another Linux
box, download it from there, gunzip it, re-gzip it, and download it
again. And I am able to use stuff I downloaded from a SLIP/PPP connection
(via Win95). Is it a connection problem, a library problem, or both, or
none? (P150, 16MB RAM w/ 64MB swap, Supra 28.8 PnP modem (maybe RPI...?),
from Slackware 3.0.0 CD, libc 5.2.18, make w/ dirent fix :) )