Re: CVS, Linus, and us

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:59:50 +0100

On 19 Feb 96 at 17:56, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Basically mounting the holy CVS tree over NFS read-only should solve
> > all the write problems. I think BSD people are just getting a current
>
> And start all sorts of other fun with NFS performance, better to make
> the tree read-only ftpable if you want to do that.

I was afraid this could have been misunderstood. I did not mean
end-users (developers) to NFS-mount the tree, but it should be
mounted locally at cs.helsinki. The server would be Linus' working
machine, while the client is some public server.

> Alan

Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
Just imaging my mail address were <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni.r.de>...