Re: filesystem corruption with Linux-1.3.66 and newer Adaptec 2940 code

Tom Kaczmarski (tkaczma@math.luc.edu)
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 12:51:16 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, James MacKinnon wrote:

> I seem to have run into a scsi disk I/O bug in 1.3.66 which
> does not occur in the 1.3.5x and early 1.3.6x series.
>
> The machine is a P133, ASUS mb with 256k PBcache, 16MB EDO ram.
> The SCSI controller is an Adaptec-PCI 2940, and the disk
> in use is a Fujitsu M1606S-512:

Due to the struggle I and many others have experienced with the 2940
controller, would you mind telling me if you experienced any SCB problems
with the setup you have. If yes, how did you alleviate it. It appears
that all 2940's are not created equal. :(

Sincerely;
Tom

P.S. My setup:
Quick Technologies P54 board with built in
Intel IDE controller
Adaptec 2940 BIOS v1.2
16 MB Fast RAM
256K PB Cache
NEC 4X SCSI CD-ROM (CDR-222) (device 3)
IOMEGA ZIP drive (device 5)
was Quantum DrivePro 1800S (device 0) the ZIP wasn`t hooked up then
SB AWE 32
Modem
Stealth 64 VRAM

I tried many different kernels from 1.2.13 with a patch to 1.3.61 with a
patch. Still have SCB problems although with 1.3.61 they have changed.

?
''~``
( o o )

mailto:tkaczma@luc.edu