Re: Beginners using 1.3

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 09:54:59 +0100

On 17 Feb 96 at 23:55, JF Martinez wrote:

> I often see people in the newsgroups complaining about some app
> not working in 1.3. Some of them seem to be beginners who choose
> the higher numbered Linux version thinking it must be the best.
>
> Would be nice if at boot time 1.3 printed a message warning about
> its experimental status.

And you thing that exactly those people read this? You can be happy
if they tell you which version they are using.
Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
The French government had announced that one, or maybe two, nuclear
tests are necessary before further nuclear explosions can be simulated
on computers. I don't know which is the worst: French computers, French
mathematicans, or French politicians.