Re: Terminal Emulation program for Linux

Eric S. Mountain (eric@minouche.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 22:04:59 GMT

Hi,

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.960213102655.15942D-100000@panix.com> Harvey Fishman writes:
> to lpr - but there are still two points that I do not see. The first
> should be real easy - how can I tell which is the current virtual console?

Devices /dev/vcs and /dev/vcsa are (resp.) the text and
text+attributes of the current console (see kernel documentation file
devices.txt - devices major 7, minors 0 and 128). (I believe someone
may already have mentionned this in this thread.)

> The second is probably a bit more difficult - how do I bind my script to a
> "Hot-Key" - the Print-Screen key? I have done some things with KeyMaps - I

See the Keystroke-HOWTO, sections 4 and 5 for instructions and an
example of exactly what you want.

E.

--
Eric S. Mountain  -  eric@minouche.demon.co.uk

In marriage, as in war, it is permitted to take every advantage of the enemy.