Re: What's wrong with reading DMA residue count ?

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 11:26:00 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, Ulf Griesmann wrote:

> figure that out by reading the DMA residue count of channel 6, necessarily
> while DMA on that channel is in progress. Well, I wouldn't be writing
> this if it worked. Maybe someone who has written e.g. soundboard drivers
> can help us to get out of the ditch?
Sound driver contains code for doing this (get_buffer_pointer() in dmabuf.c).
The code seems to work at least in the machines where I tried it. It
could be possible that it doesn't work with all motherboards/PC chipsets.

Hannu
Hannu Savolainen <hannu@voxware.pp.fi>
http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware/hannu.html (my home page)
http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware (TASD's/VoxWare's home page)