Re: CVS, Linus, and us

Dan Janowski (danj@netcom.com)
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 23:10:10 -0500 (EST)

On 16 Feb 1996 nelson@crynwr.com wrote:

> Linus has already expressed a grave reluctance to use CVS for his
> source tree, both on this list, and in my hearing. But there's

I am a casual user of CVS, I'm curious, what is the objection to using
it? It seems like it would give the kernel coding community more
direct flexibility. But maybe that's the problem? It seems that Linus
takes the responsibility for the kernel, CVS would make that harder
to keep, but maybe also less necessary.

--
danj@netcom.com

Dan Janowski New York, NY