Re: Linux-1.3.64

Wieger Opmeer (wieger@cal44a034.student.utwente.nl)
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 04:40:38 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, David R. Wilson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed a problem that is apparently with the 1.3.64 network
> support. On a Compaq Presario with 24 meg of RAM. During
> an FTP session on the local network the session died with no
> apparent cause. I switched screens to log into another window
> and could type in the user name but after hitting the enter key
> I got a linefeed but no password prompt. CAD did not work, so had to
> cycle power. Sorry that this is not much help, but did not find
> any relevant pointers on what caused this.
>
> FWIW
>
> gcc ver 2.7.0
> Make ver 3.74
> libc.so.5.0.9
>
> Dave

FWIW, I had much the same experience: trying to ftp to my computer from
the local network the ftp session died. After that, UDP and TCP services
no longer worked, but I could still 'ping' the machine. When I got home
only vc-switching worked, but no echo. I had to reset...
Machine: 486dx4-100, 16Mb, IDE
Kernel: 1.3.64, with IP firewalling, forwarding, aliasing, multicasting
and accounting configured.
GCC 2.7.0 with libc 5.2.18

Back to 1.3.57 until 1.3.65 appears,

Wieger Opmeer