Re: ipfw l b for users ?

Andreas Kostyrka (andreas@medman.ag.or.at)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 01:57:57 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:

> actually yes, if your machine is not used as a router and has no two
> sides. one might use the firewall option to keep out unwanted sites.
I used for this purpose just some additional routes: The unwanted sites were
routed via a loopback gateway (a very nice way to check the behaviour of
your application if all packets get somehow lost *evilgrin*). So for this
one you don't need firewalling.

--
Andreas Kostyrka
Email: andreas@medman.ag.or.at