Re: Tcp broken in 1.3.60-63 ?

Craig Schlenter (schz@kidd.co.za)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:01:06 +0200 (GMT+0200)

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Peter Merritt wrote:

> I have a 486/66 with 16megs, ppp & cslip compiled into the kernel. No
> kernld, no masq, no ethernet. All I get on my slip line is truncated
> packets and igmp errors. I can ping the ISP, but everything else is very
> slow and gets truncated. Works fine up to 1.3.59.

Yes ... similar problems for me unfortunately. 1.3.59 mark 6 works fine
but .62 and .63 seem to be broken. I have not tried .60 or .61.

I get telnet sessions that 'hang' just before login which has been
reported by a few other people too. I am connected via the slirp SLIP
emulator thing to a SCO machine. I'll try to get 1.3.63 running on an
ethernetted machine today and see if I get the same problems. Can any of
the guru's reproduce this behaviour?

--Craig