Re: Unix domain sendmsg/passing fds

Luca Berra (bluca@rettore.rett.polimi.it)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:30:10 +0100

Subject: Re: Please help -- 'make' is broken
To: marc@got.net (Marc)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:25:41 +0100 (MET)
Sender: bluca

Marc said:

> > Hi guys & gals:
> >
> > I've recently run into the following mysterious problem: 'make' seems to
> > be broken when I'm running 1.3.x, but works fine under 1.2.13.
> >
> > Whenever I try to run it, I get the following message:
> >
> > make: *** No rule to make tarket 'all'. Stop.
> >
> > (replace 'all' with whatever it is I need to make)

... ...
> I noticed this error when I upgraded to libc 5.2.18 (I upgraded
> specifically for Java)
... ...

It is _clearly_ stated in the 'release.libc-5.2.18' file that GNU make
previously worked due to a bug in libc, the patch is included in
the very file.
#ifdef FLAME_MODE
Please *RTFM* ( and that means READ THE FUCKING MANUALS ) before
posting idiot question to this list or anywhere else.
#else
sorry for that, guys
#endif /* FLAME_MODE */

--
#include <disclaimer.h>
|      Luca Berra -- S.I.W.A. Politecnico di Milano                          |