Re: Novell and linux

Eric Hester (erich@basenet.com)
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:02:02 -0500 (EST)

about the only way to do that (I assume you mean how can you make you
linux box a CLIENT), is to install dosemu, compile ipx support into your
kernel and turn on IPX_SUPPORT in the dosemu.conf. After that you have
to compile the ipx_interface program (in the ipxutils dir of the source
of dosemu) and then run ipx_interface add eth0 802.2 then load up dosemu
and run NETX at the dos prompt like normal to connect.... you dont have
to load the odi drivers .. the ipx support in dosemu emulates both the
card odi and ipxodi.....I have never tried it with 3.12, but it works
great with 4.1.. This of course is a crash course on doing it, but its
not that hard at all..

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Matthew T. Churilla wrote:

> This really isnt just a kernel problem but it does sortof apply to linux
> kernels. Can anyone tell what I need to load or what I need to do in order
> to link my linux box into a network running novell netware?? I am currently
> running linux v1.3.37 and v1.3.41 so an answer for either will work. I
> would apperciate any information that will bring me closer to a solution to
> this problem. Ohhh ya and I am connecting to novell v3.12.
>
> -Matthew Churilla

Eric Hester erich@basenet.com
Systems Administrator \\|// 803-855-9812
Base Computer Systems, Inc extension 6201