Re: Weird - unlocked, clean and not uptodate buffer on list 0 b00 32

Craig Schlenter (cschle@paradigm.co.za)
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 07:14:41 +0200 (SAT)

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, David W. Schuler wrote:

> I've started to have problems with the 1.3 kernels, somewhere between
> 1.3.9 and 1.3.20. I'm receiving the following error frequently during
> bootup and during shutdown, and also whenever I type "sync". The error
> is exactly as follows:
>
> Weird - unlocked, clean and not uptodate buffer on list 0 b00 32
>
> This error will occur appx 10-15 times in very short succession.

I get this too on bootup. I did post something to the kernel list but had
no replies. The problem is not present in 1.3.18 but I have seen in in
1.3.20 and 1.3.21. It only happens to me when there is no CDROM in the drive.
I try to mount the CD on bootup ...

I did find out which file was generating this message ... its fs/buffer.c
but I don't recall anything in 1.3.20 or 21 making changes directly to
this part of the code ...

Could any kernel guru shed some light on this ???

Thanx,

--Craig Schlenter (cschle@paradigm.co.za)