Re: Strange X-win Behavior

Perry F Nguyen (pfnguyen@netcom22.netcom.com)
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:31:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Eric Bosch wrote:

> I sent a message yesterday about my problem in exiting X using
> <CTRL><ALT><BS>. I forgot to mention that exiting X with the menu
> options doesn't seem to break anything. Is there a difference in the
> signal generated by selecting menu and <CTRL><ALT><BS> as far as the X
> server/Kernel is concerned?

Check your BIOS and motherboard manuals, AMI BIOS has a feature that
locks up the keyboard and flashes the LED's if the CTRL-ALT-BS hotkey is
pressed and BIOS password is enabled in any way.

Try during any other time while using Linux, you'll probably notice this
exact same behavior, so it's not the fault of X.

--
pub   768/8585BADD 1995/06/10 Perry Francis Nguyen <Huy / ABV>
       Key fingerprint  =  6A E5 2A 4F C8 CF 53 17  82 95 9F 01 47 65 D3 E2