Re: Where can we find the benchmark package?

David C. Niemi (niemidc@clark.net)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 11:14:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 mucci@cs.utk.edu (Philip Mucci) wrote:
> I looked on ftp.byte.com, but they just had the numerical benchmarks.
> I'm looking for the Unix benchmarks as run by the fellow who posts them
> to the list.

I looked around too, and it seems that in switching to their new, ugly
NT-based FTP server they abandoned all their UNIX benchmarks (even though
they had used them in their own hardware reviews not so long ago).

It may be about time to come up with a new free benchmark suite.

----David C. Niemi---niemidc@clark.net---703-904-3596---Reston, VA USA----
We have a long and rich history, but no future save what we dare to dream.