Re: Linux not killing processes.

Perry F Nguyen (pfnguyen@netcom22.netcom.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Derek Wildstar wrote:

> > > Is there any fix yet for Linux not killing processes when people just
> > > hangup, or disconnect without logging out?
> >
> I've had problems with processes left running when a user is telnetted in
> and they either kill their local shell or the link dies somehow, so I do
> not beleive the getty is the culprit...

I haven't had this problem ... but you could check to make sure that
telnetd, rlogind, etc. all send the HUP signal when someone logs out by
breaking link. Perhaps you can try recompiling all of those daemons ...

--
pub   768/8585BADD 1995/06/10 Perry Francis Nguyen <Huy / ABV>
       Key fingerprint  =  6A E5 2A 4F C8 CF 53 17  82 95 9F 01 47 65 D3 E2