Re: Linux not killing processes.

E.J. Wilburn (ej@ns1.woodtech.com)
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 03:22:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 22 Jul 1995, Jim Lynch wrote:

> Please rewrite your question.
>
> There are many,many permutations of your situation, so you should include
> the kind of getty you are using, the line in inittab that starts it, the
> line in gettydefs (if applicable), kernel version, protocol, etc...
>
> In short, you should include information so as to make your question
> specific, informative and complete. Conciseness would be good too...
>
> -Jim Lynch aka enOne (jimlynch@netcom.com)

We're running on an AMD DX4/100 w/16mb of ram, 1.2gb EIDE drive, shuttle
mb, AMI bios, 3c509 network card. The logons are all incoming telnets,
we're running the default telnet that comes with the slackware 2.2
distribution. The kernel is ELF and we're running a precompiled bash
1.14.4 off sunsite. The kernel version is 1.2.11 and we've got it
patched for ELF and quota+acct, though accounting isn't active but quota is.

-E.J. Wilburn
System Administrator - Woodtech Information Systems, Inc.
ej@woodtech.com