Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #101 \ Adding support for Apple File Systems to Linux

Jeff Tranter (Jeff_Tranter@software.mitel.com)
Thu, 29 Jun 95 08:20:41 EDT

> From: David E A Wilson <david@cs.uow.edu.au>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:41:48 +1000 (EST)
> Subject: Adding support for Apple File Systems to Linux
>
> I am interested in adding support for reading Apple disks on my Linux box
> (I am an Apple // user from way back and at work we have a lot of Macs).

Have you looked at the Apple ][ emulator programs that run under Linux,
as well as the commercial Mac emulator Executor which has a demo
version for Linux? These programs have some support for the Apple file
systems.

You're not planning any support for floppies are you? As far as I know
the Apple ][ and older Mac floppies cannot be read on a PC floppy
drive. When I moved files from my Apple //e to PC I used a 300bps modem
because the Apple lacked a serial card :-(