Re: XFree86 Mach64 Server Problem

Jeff Noxon (jeff@mrsagw.mrsa.com)
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 16:12:40 -0500 (CDT)

> > Can anyone help me? I am having a problem with my new Mach64 ATI video
> > card under XFree86 3.1.1. I have a screen corruption problem, and have
> > submitted e-mail to XFree.org, as well as the author of the server. After
> > several messages, I have never received a response. Does anyone know of
> > a reliable contact, or has anyone experienced the same problem and found
> > a fix? Thanks
>
> I've seen a problem with the server when I run netscape--the backgrounds don't
> show up all the way (just a thin line) until I resize netscape AND scroll everything
> off and back into view...
>
> --
> Todd Fries...tfries@umr.edu

Actually, that's a bug in the Mach64 server. I wouldn't really call it
screen corruption, since the server is 99% usuable. You can repaint the
background properly by dragging the scroll bar up and down a few times.

There is a serious problem with the drawing engine and some of the Mach64
cards that makes the server completely useless without the option
"no_block_write" in the config file.

I'm not sure why this is in the kernel mailing list.

Jeff