Re: your recently submitted patch to fix BT RIP error shall be applied to 6.6 stable (I have a systematic crash on reboot in 6.6.23)

From: Eric Valette
Date: Wed Mar 27 2024 - 12:37:15 EST

On 27/03/2024 15:10, Eric Valette wrote:
On 27/03/2024 15:01, Von Dentz, Luiz wrote:
Hi Eric,

Then it must have been backported, which is kind of odd given that it was just merged for an -rc release that is still not consider stable, anyway the real culprit might actually be the following:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/patch/20240327140855.896095-1-kiran.k@xxxxxxxxx/

Reading the patch, I'm afraid, if I apply the patch bt will then not work if I reboot which is not what I want (I suspect  the firmware is probably not unloaded when rebooting). Or am I making wrong assumptions?

NB: I may try to be sure...

Only get the first error and bt is still functional. Thanks.

Do not forget to queue the fix for stable.

-- eric