Suggestion

From: Kolusion K
Date: Thu Mar 14 2024 - 00:46:58 EST

Hello

Recently I have been fed up with all the low quality hobby software in the open source world and I have been wishing there was a true alternative open source operating system to Windows which doesn't suck. I had considered TempleOS but my games don't run on it. :)

This got me looking into the history of operating systems where I read MS-DOS was written in just 6 weeks.

Somehow I got onto looking at the Linux Standards Base and I was surprised at how well organised it is as well as how complex it is.

This got me thinking... With the amount of effort that went into creating the Linux Standard Base, that effort instead could have been used to create an official Linux userland etcetera and turn Linux into an operating system.

The world likes real operating systems. That's why MS-DOS dominated and why Windows continues to dominate, and why Microsoft is the worlds leading software developer. More people create applications for Windows than any other operating system and the applications are overall higher quality than applications for other operating systems.

My suggestion is instead of working on the Linux Standard Base, instead use that effort to create Linux into an actual operating system.

The world needs a true open source quality operating system that isn't just hobby software.

Sincerely,

Kolusion