Re: Probe regression of efuse@11f10000 on mt8183-kukui-jacuzzi-juniper-sku16 running next-20240202

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sat Mar 09 2024 - 09:06:56 EST

On 08.03.24 15:31, Nícolas F. R. A. Prado wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 11:11:00AM -0500, Nícolas F. R. A. Prado wrote:
>>
>> KernelCI has identified a regression [1] on the
>> mt8183-kukui-jacuzzi-juniper-sku16 machine running on next-20240202 compared to
>> next-20240118:
>>
>> #regzbot introduced next-20240118..next-20240202
>
> Not sure why this got filed by regzbot under the mainline tab rather than next.
> Maybe it was the missing collon?

No, I guess that is a bug in regzbot: the support for -next is there,
but not much tested. Will need to take a closer look, will do so in the
next few days.

> In any case, the fix has already made it to linux-next, so this should close the
> regression:
>
> #regzbot fix: nvmem: mtk-efuse: Drop NVMEM device name

Out of interest: Is involving regzbot worth it in case the fix is
already in -next? Or is that primarily to keep track of "we found a
regression and a fix was already available in next". I don't mind if
it's the latter, just curious.

Ciao, Thorsten