Re: [linux-next:master] [mm,page_owner] 4bedfb314b: BUG:KASAN:null-ptr-deref_in_init_page_owner

From: Oscar Salvador
Date: Tue Mar 05 2024 - 13:31:00 EST

On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 02:02:35PM +0100, Marco Elver wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 10:26, Oscar Salvador <osalvador@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Marco, could it be that stackdepot was too overloaded, that by the time
> > page_owner gets initialized, there are no more space for its stacks, and
> > hence return 0-handles?.
>
> That's possible. But it's unclear to me what exactly happens. Are you
> able to reproduce the issue? (I haven't been able to because the
> config enables CFI which seems to cause other issues for me,
> presumably toolchain related. :-/ )

I am out of luck here, I cannot reproduce the issue.
I set up the environment just as [1] says, building the kernel with
their config and launching bin/lkp just as [1] states, but it
boots fine here.

[1] https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20240305/202403051032.e2f865a-lkp@xxxxxxxxx/reproduce

--
Oscar Salvador