Lenovo ThinkPad X13s regerssions (was Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2024-02-25])

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2024 - 04:33:50 EST

[dropping Linus from CC, we can add him back later when needed]

On 27.02.24 11:20, Johan Hovold wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 01:21:46PM +0000, Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
>
>> Johan Hovold also deals with multiple issues affecting Lenovo ThinkPad
>> X13s, but he send out patch series to fix some or all of those[1], so
>> with a bit of luck those issues will soon be fixed as well.
>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/ZctVmLK4zTwcpW3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

As 6.8 final might be just five days away, could you please help me out
with a short status update wrt. unresolved regressions from your side if
you have a minute? It's easy to get lost in all those issues. :-/ :-D

>> [1]
>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240217150228.5788-1-johan+linaro@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
> This series addresses a use-after-free in the PMIC glink driver caused
> by DRM bridge changes in rc1 and which can result in the internal
> display not showing up on boot.
>
> The DRM/SoC fixes here have now been merged to drm-misc for 6.8.

What about the others from that series? Can they wait till 6.9? Or are
they on track for 6.8?

> [...]

> But also with these fixes, there are still a couple of regressions
> related to the Qualcomm DRM runtime PM rework in 6.8-rc1. I'll send
> separate reports to track those.

Any decision yet if they are going to be reverted for now?

Am I right assuming those would fix
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/Zd3kvD02Qvsh2Sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
which did not get even a single reply?

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.