Re: Linux 6.8-rc5

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Tue Feb 20 2024 - 15:52:15 EST

Hi Linus,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 8:58 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 11:09, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Build results:
> > total: 155 pass: 151 fail: 4
> > Failed builds:
> > csky:allmodconfig
> > openrisc:allmodconfig
> > parisc:allmodconfig
> > xtensa:allmodconfig
> > Qemu test results:
> > total: 549 pass: 547 fail: 2
>
> Grr, I was hoping things would improve, not go backwards.
>
> > ERROR: modpost: "__umoddi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.ko] undefined!
> > ERROR: modpost: "__moddi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/tests/drm_buddy_test.ko] undefined!
> >
> > Commit a64056bb5a32 ("drm/tests/drm_buddy: add alloc_contiguous test"):

[...]

> Suggested untested patch attached.

Thanks, your patch is already the third fix I am aware of.
That is one of the issues with build problems like this: once it is
upstream, too many people become affected, and write a patch.
And all of that could have been avoided if the buggy commit was not
included in a PR _after_ the breakage was reported...

Now back to bisecting other runtime breakage in next...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68korg