Re: This is the fourth time Iâve tried to find what led to the regression of outgoing network speed and each time I find the merge commit 8c94ccc7cd691472461448f98e2372c75849406c

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2024 - 01:16:02 EST

[CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

On 08.02.24 16:43, Mathias Nyman wrote:
> On 8.2.2024 12.32, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 2:23 PM Mathias Nyman
>> <mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> My guess is that CPU0 spends more time with interrupts disabled than
>>> other CPUs.
>>> Either because it's handling interrupts from some other hardware, or
>>> running
>>> code that disables interrupts (for example kernel code inside
>>> spin_lock_irq),
>>> and thus not able to handle network adapter interrupts at the same
>>> rate as CPU23
>>
>> Can this be fixed?
>
> Not sure, I'm not that familiar with this area.
> Maybe running irqbalance could help?

Mikhail, what's the status of this? I wonder if I should track this as a
regression to ensure Linus is aware of this.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.