Re: sched/cpufreq: Rework schedutil governor performance estimation - Regression bisected

From: Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2024 - 08:42:53 EST

On 09.02.24 22:38, Doug Smythies wrote:

> I noticed a regression in the 6.8rc series kernels. Bisecting the kernel pointed to:
>
> # first bad commit: [9c0b4bb7f6303c9c4e2e34984c46f5a86478f84d]
> sched/cpufreq: Rework schedutil governor performance estimation
>
> There was previous bisection and suggestion of reversion,
> but I guess it wasn't done in the end. [1]
>
> The regression: reduced maximum CPU frequency is ignored.

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 9c0b4bb7f6303c9c4e2e34984c46f5a86478f84d
#regzbot title sched/cpufreq: reduced maximum CPU frequency is ignored.
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.