Re: selftests: ftrace: Internal error: Oops: sve_save_state

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jan 31 2024 - 07:42:58 EST

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 06:15:11PM -0600, Daniel Díaz wrote:

> > That's an assert that we shouldn't take a SVE trap when SVE is
> > alreadly enabled for the thread. The backtrace Naresh originally
> > supplied was a NULL pointer dereference attempting to save SVE state

> > given. Can you double check exactly how similar the various issues you
> > are seeing are please?

> I'm not sure of how similar the test cases are, but I'm inclined to
> think its occurrence is not related specifically to ftrace or one test
> case. It looks like these appear on FVP and Qemu-arm64, on several LTS

That question is not about the test that is running, that question is
about the error that the kernel reports. There were two different but
potentially related kernel errors in the reports that you and Naresh
sent, I'm asking how similar the other cases actually are - is it more
instances of these two issues, are there possibly other issues?