Re: mxs-auart broken in v6.2 and onwards

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Wed Jan 31 2024 - 07:15:57 EST

On 30. 01. 24, 19:57, Emil Kronborg wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 10:38 +0100, Jiri Slaby wrote:
Hm, the tx stop handling is weird throughout mxs. What about the
attached patch?

It seems to fix the issue, but I do not see any way to fix this just for
mxs-auart.c without also changing serial_core.h, and thus affecting a
bunch of other drivers.

Hi, the fix I sent to you does not affect any other driver. (Even when it touches serial_core.h.)

Would reverting the changes from 2d141e683e9a
("tty: serial: use uart_port_tx() helper") for just mxs-auart.c be okay?

Nope.

If so, I can do that, test it again, and send a patch.

I've sent proper patches to fix the issue. If you can retest, please add your Tested-by line in there.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs