Re: Kernel panic in netif_rx_internal after v6 pings between netns

From: Matthieu Baerts
Date: Sat Jan 20 2024 - 12:54:01 EST

Hi Eric,

On 16/01/2024 22:15, Matthieu Baerts wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply!
>
> 16 Jan 2024 20:17:40 Eric Dumazet <edumazet@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 7:36 PM Matthieu Baerts <matttbe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Our MPTCP CIs recently hit some kernel panics when validating the -net
>>> tree + 2 pending MPTCP patches. This is on top of e327b2372bc0 ("net:
>>> ravb: Fix dma_addr_t truncation in error case").
>>>
>>> It looks like these panics are not related to MPTCP. That's why I'm
>>> sharing that here:
>>
>> Indeed, this seems an x86 issue to me (jump labels ?)
>
> Thank you, good point!
>
> (I don't know why I always think there is no x86 issue :) )
>
>> are all stack
>> traces pointing to the same issue ?
>
> I think so.

FYI, I managed to find a commit that seems to be causing the issue:

8e791f7eba4c ("x86/kprobes: Drop removed INT3 handling code")

It is not clear why, but if I revert it, I can no longer reproduce the
issue. I reported the issue to the patch's author and the x86's ML:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/06cb540e-34ff-4dcd-b936-19d4d14378c9@xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,
Matt