Re: [GIT PULL] strlcpy removal for v6.8-rc1

From: Kees Cook
Date: Fri Jan 19 2024 - 17:53:35 EST

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 02:00:14PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 at 13:14, Kees Cook <keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The kernel is now free of the strlcpy() API!
>
> .. still mentioned in docs and checkpatch. Maybe remove that too?

Sorry, I should have called that out in the PR, but the commit itself
had my rationale for intentionally leaving those in:

Leave mentions in Documentation (about its deprecation), and in
checkpatch.pl (to help migrate host-only tools/ usage).

If you feel like that's not right, I can either respin or send a
follow-up patch?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook