Re: [GIT PULL] Scheduler changes for v6.8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 11 2024 - 12:53:56 EST

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 at 09:45, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 at 00:11, Vincent Guittot
> <vincent.guittot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Could you confirm that cpufreq governor is schedutil and the driver is
> > amd-pstate on your system ?
>
> schedutil yes, amd-pstate no. I actually just use acpi_cpufreq

Bah. Hit 'send' mistakenly too soon, thus the abrupt end and
unfinished quoting removal.

And don't ask me why it's acpi_pstate-driven. I have X86_AMD_PSTATE=y, but

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_driver

clearly says 'acpi-cpufreq'. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. My dmesg says

amd_pstate: the _CPC object is not present in SBIOS or ACPI disabled

which is presumably the reason my machine uses acpi-pstate.

I will also test out your other questions, but I need to go back and
do more pull requests first.

Linus