Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 6.8

From: David Sterba
Date: Thu Jan 11 2024 - 10:46:44 EST

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 09:34:28AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:04, David Sterba <dsterba@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > There are possible minor merge conflicts reported by linux-next.
>
> Bah. The block open mode changes were ugly. I did my best to make the
> end result legible.
>
> You may want to note the btrfs_open_mode() helper I added and possibly
> do it differently.

Thanks, 1200+ lines of the merge diff certainly did not make it easy.
My local tests passed and the conflict resolution seem to do the
right thing. Josef sent a different fixup [1] altough it seems he
based it on the master branch without your resolution, but the logic
looks equivalent.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-btrfs/2fe68e18d89abb7313392c8da61aaa9881bbe945.1704917721.git.josef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/