Re: arch/alpha/include/asm/core_t2.h:587:23: warning: no previous prototype for 't2_ioread64'

From: Yujie Liu
Date: Mon Jan 08 2024 - 05:01:49 EST

Hi Linus Walleij,

On Sun, Jan 07, 2024 at 09:09:21PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> Hi robot,
>
> On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 10:40 AM kernel test robot <lkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Hi Arnd,
> >
> > FYI, the error/warning still remains.
>
> FYI I have already said I can't reproduce this at all. Not using
> allnoconfig, not using the .config attached to the report.
>
> I have no idea what this is.

We double checked this, and looks like it needs to be reproduced by
"make W=1". Could you please recheck with W=1?

The following link has some hints of handling W=1 warnings:

https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/LKP-FAQ#how-is-one-meant-to-act-on-w1-reports-like--wmissing-prototypes

Please kindly let us know if you'd like to ignore these W=1 warnings,
and we will configure the bot for you to avoid further bothering.

Thanks,
Yujie