Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the leds-lj tree

From: Florian Eckert
Date: Mon Jan 08 2024 - 03:05:37 EST

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your hint

On 2024-01-05 07:33, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

After merging the leds-lj tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
produced this warning:

Warning: /sys/class/leds/<led>/rx is defined 2 times:
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-led-trigger-tty:7
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-led-trigger-netdev:49
Warning: /sys/class/leds/<led>/tx is defined 2 times:
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-led-trigger-tty:15
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-led-trigger-netdev:34

The behavior of the tty trigger can be controlled via the Rx and Tx file.
If a value is set in Rx or Tx, the LED flashes when data is transmitted in
this direction. The same behavior is used for the netdev trigger.
I have therefore used the same pattern for the new tty trigger as well.

I didn't know that the names have to be unique!

I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do now. Should I put a prefix "tty_"
in front of the names so that we have "tty_rx", "tty_tx"?

If we do it this way, however, the general question arises as to whether
we do have to use a prefix everywhere! If new triggers are added, then the
names for a config file are already used up and anyone who then wants to use
the same name for an other trigger with the same config file because it describe
the same function must then work with a prefix!

Best regards

Florian