Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the nfsd tree

From: Chuck Lever III
Date: Sun Jan 07 2024 - 18:04:50 EST

> On Jan 7, 2024, at 4:19 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
> 76d296a82657 ("nfsd: drop the nfsd_put helper")
>
> This is commit
>
> 64e6304169f1 ("nfsd: drop the nfsd_put helper")
>
> in Linus' tree.

Apparently my tool chain "touched" that commit after I pushed
it to nfsd-fixes but before I created the nfsd-6.7-3 tag. The
only difference I see between those two commits is the committer
date, and in my public git repo, git claims 76d296a82657 is not
on any branch.

I've reset the public nfsd-fixes branch to point to v6.7.

--
Chuck Lever