Re: [REGRESSION] Platforms supporting SGX fail to kexec due to 96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2024 - 06:06:57 EST

On 29.12.23 01:33, Ashok Raj wrote:

> 96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")
>
> Causes kexec failure. Backing out this change, kexec succeeds. Symptom is
> it appears to hang, possibly hung at the panic. Although I have the
> earlyprintk enabled, I don't see any console messages when new kernel
> boots.
>
> Also tested turning off CONFIG_X86_SGX, the kernel with this commit
> included also kexec's fine.
>
> Booting from warm/cold reset has no issues. Only kexec to new kernel with
> this change included and CONFIG_X86_SGX=y causes the kexec failure.
>
> #regzbot introduced: 96c6b8f212a

Fix a typo and do a few other things while at it:

#regzbot introduced: e96c6b8f212a
#regzbot title: memblock: platforms supporting SGX fail to kexec
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.