Re: A bug was found in Linux Kernel 6.6+: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in iommufd_test (with POC)

From: Zhang Zhiyu
Date: Thu Dec 28 2023 - 05:19:05 EST

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your advice.

I check the patch which has been applied in Linux-6.7-rc5+, while not
in the latest stable Linux-6.6.8. As a result, my poc is still
reproducible on 6.6.8, but not on 6.7-rc5+. Maybe the stable line of
Linux kernel should apply the patch asap.

Seems that I am late to this bug. Although the call trace of my poc is
slightly different from the disclosed "KASAN: slab-use-after-free Read
in iommufd_vfio_ioas"
(https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=d31adfb277377ef8fcba), they
share the same root cause.

Best,