Re: [net-next v1 08/16] memory-provider: dmabuf devmem memory provider

From: David Ahern
Date: Tue Dec 12 2023 - 21:19:14 EST

On 12/12/23 6:09 PM, Mina Almasry wrote:
> OK, I imagine this is not that hard to implement - it's really whether
> the change is acceptable to reviewers.
>
> I figure I can start by implementing a no-op abstraction to page*:
>
> typedef struct page netmem_t
>
> and replace the page* in the following places with netmem_t*:
>
> 1. page_pool API (not internals)
> 2. drivers using the page_pool.
> 3. skb_frag_t.

accessors to skb_frag_t field are now consolidated to
include/linux/skbuff.h (the one IB driver was fixed in Sept by
4ececeb83986), so changing skb_frag_t from bio_vec to something like:

typedef struct skb_frag {
void *addr;
unsigned int length;
unsigned int offset;
};

is trivial. From there, addr can default to `struct page *`. If LSB is
set, strip it and return `struct page_pool_iov *` or `struct buffer_pool *`