RE: [RESEND v2] ACPI: APEI: Skip initialization of GHES_ASSIST structures for Machine Check Architecture

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Nov 30 2023 - 15:06:50 EST

> Actually, caching of values from an earlier structure to be compared against values
> in a later structure is what we intend to do here i.e. comparing cached source_id
> from an earlier structure with related_source_id in a later structure. To hint
> towards the same, I had added the below comment on top of the static structure's
> declaration:

> Is this not good enough? Should I make it more explicit?

I understand now, but missed that the caching and use are across
different entries in the HEST table.

Maybe something like this:

* Since GHES_ASSIST is not supported, skip initialization of GHES_ASSIST
* structures for MCA. During HEST parsing, detected MCA error sources
* are cached from early table entries so that Flags and Source Id
* fields from these cached values are then referred to in later table
* entries to determine if the encountered GHES_ASSIST structure should
* be initialized.

-Tony