Re: 6.5.13 regression: BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 0000000000000020

From: Dan Moulding
Date: Tue Nov 28 2023 - 17:48:33 EST

Thanks, Sam. Yes it does look like that's the same issue.

I applied that patch to v6.6.3 instead of reverting the change to the
randomize_layout plugin and the problem also goes away with the patch
applied.

In that thread with the patch, Gustavo does mention that many other
zero-length arrays, besides this one in struct neighbor, were found in
the kernel source. But a quick (and possibly imperfect) grepping seems
to show that struct neighbor was the only one used with
__randomize_layout. So, I *think* it might be the only one that could
cause a problem with the recent change to the randomize_layout plugin.

-- Dan