Re: Shadow stack enabling from dynamic loader v/s kernel on exec

From: Deepak Gupta
Date: Tue Nov 28 2023 - 15:29:34 EST

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 12:51:44PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 05:41:16PM +0000, Edgecombe, Rick P wrote:
On Wed, 2023-11-22 at 16:19 -0800, Deepak Gupta wrote:

Thanks. As we look at adding some final glibc support, I've wondered if
there might be enough topics to warrant an occasional meeting to
discuss stuff like this. I'd also like to discuss the shadow stack life
cycle issues (uncontext, etc), alt shadow stacks and all of the
compatibility last mile problems. Towards the goal of avoiding
unnecessary divergence on app developer expectations.

It'd definitely be good to ensure we're coordinating well, I'd be
willing to give it a go.

Same here.