Re: usb hotplug broken on v6.5.12

From: Mario Limonciello
Date: Tue Nov 28 2023 - 09:15:07 EST

On 11/28/2023 07:12, Sebastian Ott wrote:
Hej,

usb hotplug doesn't work for me running stable kernel v6.5.12 on an AMD
based Thinkpad t495s. Bisect pointed to 7b8ae3c24ef ("xhci: Loosen RPM as
default policy to cover for AMD xHC 1.1") - which is 4baf1218150 upstream.

Reverting that from 6.5.12 fixes the issue for me.
Current upstream rc kernel contains this patch but doesn't show the issue.

Regards,
Sebastian

I believe it's the same discussion as https://lore.kernel.org/stable/5993222.lOV4Wx5bFT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/#t

The outcome was that another missing patch is in the stable queue for various kernels and will be part of the next stable release for various kernels.