Re: regression/bisected/6.7rc1: Instead of desktop I see a horizontal flashing bar with a picture of the desktop background on white screen

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2023 - 09:40:31 EST

On 16.11.23 11:46, Christian König wrote:
> Am 15.11.23 um 21:08 schrieb Mikhail Gavrilov:
>> On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 11:39 PM Lee, Alvin <Alvin.Lee2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This change has a DMCUB dependency - are you able to update your
>>> DMCUB version as well?
>>>
>> I can confirm this issue was gone after updating firmware.
>>
>> ❯ dmesg | grep DMUB
>> [   11.496679] [drm] Loading DMUB firmware via PSP: version=0x07002300
>> [   12.000314] [drm] DMUB hardware initialized: version=0x07002300
>
> Mhm, that's a quite ugly problem.
>
> The driver is supposed to work with older firmware as well or at least
> issue a warning and provide a reasonable fallback.
>
> How are we going to handle this?

What happened to this regression? This thread looks stalled and from a
quick search on lore and the amdgpu issue tracker it seems the issue
wasn't discussed anywhere else during the last 10 days, but I might have
missed something.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke