Re: Requesting your attention and expertise regarding a Tablet/Kernel issue

From: David Revoy
Date: Thu Nov 23 2023 - 17:13:30 EST

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for late reply.

> So it would be nice if you could try the artifacts of job 51600738[4].
> Again, download them (udev-hid-bpf_0.1.0-4-g5ab02ec.tar.xz), unpack,
> sudo ./install --verbose, then unplug/replug the artist Pro 24.

Ok, the main change I experienced after installing is xsetwacom
listing the ID name of the device with twice the name Stylus on
"UGTABLET 24 inch PenDisplay Stylus stylus". Before it was only
"UGTABLET 24 inch PenDisplay stylus".

$ xsetwacom --list
UGTABLET 24 inch PenDisplay Stylus stylus id: 10 type: STYLUS

Not a big deal, but I thought it was worth to mention it.

> Then, I'll need the following sequence (ideally repeated twice or
> three times, given that your last record show a slight difference in
> the first and second attempt):
>
> - outside of the proximity of the sensor, press the upper button
> - approach the stylus to the surface keeping the upper button pressed
> - touch the surface with the tip while holding the upper button pressed
> - release the upper button while keeping the tip pressed (like previously)
> - press once again the upper button while keeping the tip touching the
> surface (like previously)
> - lift of the pen, keeping the upper button pressed, and still in
> range of the sensor
> - remove the pen from the proximity of the sensor entirely (move away
> 20 cm or so), while still keeping the upper button pressed
>
> It's actually longer to describe than to execute :)

Thank you for the detailed steps. True, it makes sens once
practising it. I made the gesture three time on: