Re: [RFC 0/7] Add SIOV virtual device support

From: Cao, Yahui
Date: Tue Nov 21 2023 - 23:06:44 EST

On 10/9/2023 9:21 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Mon, Oct 09, 2023 at 01:51:16AM -0700, Yi Liu wrote:
Intel SIOV allows creating virtual devices of which the vRID is
represented by a pasid of a physical device. It is called as SIOV
virtual device in this series. Such devices can be bound to an iommufd
as physical device does and then later be attached to an IOAS/hwpt
using that pasid. Such PASIDs are called as default pasid.

I would want to see the idxd implementation too..

Jason

Hey Jason,

ice(E810 NIC) driver implementation for SIOV virtual device is also working in progress. We are working closely with Kevin and Yi on the patchset.

We'll send out the ice patch for SIOV as lan driver user example once it is available. (There is some format issue in the last email, re-send again and sorry for any inconvenience)

Thanks.
Yahui.