Re: scsi regression that after months is still not addressed and now bothering 6.1.y users, too

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Nov 21 2023 - 08:32:02 EST

On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 14:24 +0100, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) wrote:
> On 21.11.23 14:05, James Bottomley wrote:
> > On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Linux regression tracking
> > (Thorsten
> > Leemhuis) wrote:
> > > On 21.11.23 12:30, John Garry wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Sorry, I'm just the man-in-the-middle: you need to ask in the
> > > ticket, as  the privacy policy for bugzilla.kernel.org does not
> > > allow to CC the reporters from the ticket here without their
> > > consent.
> >
> > How did you arrive at that conclusion?
>
> To quote https://bugzilla.kernel.org/createaccount.cgi:
> """
> Note that your email address will never be displayed to logged out
> users. Only registered users will be able to see it.
> """

OK, so someone needs to update that to reflect reality.

> Not sure since when it's there. Maybe it was added due to EU GDPR?
> Konstantin should know. But for me that's enough to not CC people. I
> even heard from one well known kernel developer that his company got
> GDPR complaint because he had mentioning the reporters name and email
> address in a Reported-by: tag.
>
> Side note: bugbot afaics can solve the initial problem (e.g. interact
> with reporters in bugzilla by mail without exposing their email
> address). But to use bugbot one *afaik* still has to reassign a
> ticket to a specific product and component in bugzilla. Some
> subsystem maintainers don't want that, as that issues then does not
> show up in the usual queries.

I'm not sure we need to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Switching
to email is a standard maintainer response:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230324133646.16101dfa666f253c4715d965@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230314144145.07a3e680362eb77061fe6d0e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

James