Re: Requesting your attention and expertise regarding a Tablet/Kernel issue

From: David Revoy
Date: Mon Nov 13 2023 - 17:08:41 EST

Hi Benjamin,

> Here is a little bit of history of why you were encountering this bug [...]

Many thanks for all the details you wrote about the bug, I found
your email so interesting that I couldn't resist to copy/paste it
on my blog[1].

> And that's exactly what happened in your case David. Which is why I'm
> so happy (also because I fixed the tools from an author I like and
> already had the books at home :-P):

Please send me an email in private with your adress; I'll be happy to
send you an original drawing. That will be my way to thank you :-)

> Could you please once again attach the hid-recorder of the Pro 24
> while doing the following sequence:
> - touch with the tip of the stylus the tablet
> - while touching, press the upper button (the problematic one)
> - still while touching, release the button
> - remove the stylus

Sure, you'll find the action (repeated three times) recorded here [2]

> you could also give a test of the artifacts of job 51469284[3].
>
> The points to check are:
> - if you right click while touching the surface, do you still get only
> a right click or some weird glitches in addition to it?
> - if you right click while not touching (hovering), no glitches?

I tested. It's a bit hard to tell if it causes glitches or if the
behavior is normal or not. I'm not using the right-click this way.
I always use it in "hover mode". With artifact or without, the
behavior is while the tip is pressed, the right-click quickly
'disapear' but it is probably normal because I test on contextual
menu and clicking somewhere else makes this type of menu disapear.

I hope this will help,
Cheers,

David

[1] https://www.davidrevoy.com/article1002/how-a-kernel-developer-made-my-styluses-work-again